When considering budget planning, business strategy and market analysis, industry professionals need to keep in mind these important statistics about the future of the print. By tracking growth of various industry niches, it's clear that nearly all facets of print are trending toward success.
- Label printing was valued at more than $32.7 billion in 2015.
- Printing shipments for November 2015 were $7.27 billion, which is a 3.4 percent increase from 2014.
- 63 percent of U.S. commercial printers are marketing service providers bringing in more than $45.3 billion in annual sales over non-MSP establishments' $37.4 billion.
- 2015 third-quarter U.S. shipments had a growth rate of 3.6 percent, an increase of more than $2.2 billion. This is the highest growth rate since 1996.
- Global printing output is expected to grow 2 percent annually through 2020.